Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I must ask you a question.???

A few months ago my son had a friend pass away in a motorcycle accident. We were talking in the car about it, just he and I (I love those moments of deep conversation).  I asked him, " Do you know if he was saved?"  My son replied, "Well, he went to church, seemed like it."  My reply " Did you ever just ask him?"  We talked more and discussed that just because we hang out with someone and they attend church with us sometimes we assume they are saved.  I told him this is a great opportunity to just ask his friends.  As the months have gone on and now over the last few months cancer has been my battle I can't help but think, "Have I asked my friends?"  So I thought I would take this time to ask you a question.  "Do you know if today was your last day, or the next breath was your last, Do you know where you would go?" 
I would love for you to know.  The Bible tells us how.  So I hope you won't tune me out now and quit reading.  Please read the rest of this post.  It may be the most important thing you ever do. 
The Bible says in one of the most famous verses -- you've probably heard it. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." 
Why did He have to give His Son?  Because we are sinners.  Sin is anything we have done wrong -- We all have sinned.  You've lied ( even if it's a white lie) or cheated, or gossiped.  Any of these are sin.  The Bible says in Romans 3:23  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." 
But don't worry, He made a way.  He gave His Son.  1 Corinthians 15:3,4 "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried,that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures"   Romans 6:23 says " For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."  He gave His Son as a gift.
What does that mean?  Well a gift is something you accept -- not something you earn. Ephesians 2:8-9  "For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift— not from works, so that no one can boast."  It's a gift, you just must accept it.  If someone gives you a gift, you can't receive it until you take it.
 The Bible tells us how to accept His gift.  Romans 10: 9,10  "If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation." It's that simple.  We need to realize we are sinners who need a Savior.  He sent His son to take our sins. We must accept His gift. The Bible clearly says we can't earn it.  "Not by works".  Sometimes that just seems to simple.  But it is.  It's as simple as saying a prayer to God right now. 
"Lord Jesus, I know I'm a sinner,please forgive me.  Thank You for sending Your Son to die for me.  I accept the gift of Your Son.  I believe in His death, burial, and resurrection.  I believe in my heart that You are Lord.  Amen."  It doesn't have to be perfect, it's about what's in your heart and confessing it for salvation.
So I have to ask "Are you saved? If you were to die, do you know where you would go? "  I am so thankful that I do.  If you have prayed this prayer I would like to know.  If you have any other questions I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you.  If you are saved -- have you asked your friends and family?

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! And super important conversations to have with our children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!