Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thankful



I have to say that through this journey I have been blessed beyond measure. It is very seldom someone gets the opportunity to know how many people love and care about them. Over the past few months I have experienced a whirlwind of love expressed in so many different ways. I've had so many meals delivered, frozen meals given, and gift cards for our family to go to dinner I might forget what it's like to cook. Friends and sisters who have come and cleaned and organized my home. So many cards I don't think I could count them all, many sending 2 or 3 to keep encouraging. Care packages full of fun things not just for me, but my kids too. People praying from as far away as Africa. Messages on Facebook of love and encouragement. Hats and scarves a plenty - I need to move up north so I can continue to enjoy them after my hair grows back. Chemo partners every time I  went  - sometimes two. I just want to say I'm so thankful and feel so blessed. You all helped me through.
    This past week I found out on my PET scan that my cancer isn't active anymore. For that I'm thankful to my nurses and doctors who treated me, but most of all I thank God. He is my Healer. He has given me great peace throughout this journey.  I praise Him for keeping my mind on Him.  My focus not on the situation, but on how He is using me through this. I thank Him for every opportunity He has given me through this to share Him. I thank Him for giving me the boldness to praise Him in the storm.

I am Thankful!

3 comments:

  1. Praise The Lord for Christ and His bride! Rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you Robin. High school friend of your Mom & Aunt Debbie! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thankful for you and your amazing spirit- what a great testimony to our kiddos that God is in control and gives peace to those who trust in Him.
    Your sister, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!