Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Better late than never! -- Happy New Year!

Well, I wrote this post back when the New Year began, but life happened and just now getting around to posting. 
I'm so thankful to have a New Year. It's a time of refreshment and reflection. Many would probably say 
"I'm sure you'd like to forget last year." Although I'm glad it's past I don't want to ever forget it, nor would I change the circumstances of it. You see the last year may have been tough, but it is through these tough times we learn so much. I can reflect and see amazing time when I felt God's presence greater than any other time in my life. Time when I heard His voice leading me. Questions I had, where He answered in only a way He could. Miracles happened. I learned so much about myself. That I am not strong, no one can be strong enough or all the time when faced with circumstances as life changing or interrupting as cancer. But I have strength in Him. Isaiah 40:29 says, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak" An unbelievable strength. 
As I look toward the New Year I know I have a "hope" and a "future." I am so grateful for the opportunities and new beginnings this year holds. We've moved out to the country (where I've always wanted to be) Right now I'm sitting in my vast yard in a white rocking chair listening to birds chirp, and watching my littles play. I'm thankful.
As I reflect on the past year I can say never has a year been so full. Full of hard times, but also great memories. I just thought I'd highlight my favorites. 
1. Shaving my head. Not many of you get to say you've ever shaved your head. It was an experience you just never forget. We made it fun -- I enjoyed seeing joy in my children as they each got to take a turn. Our family seeing the joy through it all! Hoping my children were learning no matter what you can have JOY!   

2. My hat party, which was combined with my annual trip to convention. Which I look forward to every year. This year made extra special because my niece was graduating. Thankful I was healthy enough to go and feel the love of those who surrounded me.
3. My family reunion. This happens just once every 5 years so I definitely wasn't going to let cancer stop me there, then I'd have to wait five years. Thankfully I was all clear to go (not sure I would have obeyed the dr. if I wasn't) The time I got to spend making memories with some of my favorite people.
4. My last day of chemo! I enjoyed the chemo room, but not enough to stay forever. I had wonderful nurses and made friends in that room. I loved having my husband with me to celebrate the occasion. I enjoyed thinking of the many friends and family who came to support me in each round. 
5. My many cards and care packages. So many times my spirit was lifted up by my friends and family who showed me so much love. 
6. Although technically it wasn't until Jan 1st, one of my favorites must be moving. Getting a fresh start in the New Year. 
Thankful I can look back and see how my path has been directed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!