Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I wanted to get out some great verses that you may choose to use for your 100 verse challenge. I have challenged you to memorize 100 verses this summer. You may choose different verses, but these are just a few of the verses my family has chosen for this summer. You also may choose a different version of the Bible and that's okay. The point is to memorize the scripture so you can recall them when you need encouragement. You can have fun with it. Make puzzles with the verses and have the kids practice putting them together. Make posters and hang them throughout the house, you can even put some in the car. Also Scripture Typer has a great app that you can use to memorize as well.
/http://scripturetyper.com/

Philippians 4:4-8

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise—dwell on these things. 


1 Corinthians 10:31

31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God’s glory.

James 1:2-6

Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 

Romans 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel,  because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek.

Romans 10:9-10

If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation. 
  
Psalm 119:9-16
How can a young man keep his way pure?
By keeping Your word.
10 I have sought You with all my heart;
don’t let me wander from Your commands.
11 I have treasured Your word in my heart
so that I may not sin against You.
12 Lord, may You be praised;
teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I proclaim
all the judgments from Your mouth.
14 I rejoice in the way revealed by Your decrees
as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts
and think about Your ways.
16 I will delight in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!