Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Starting from where I left off, a week passed pretty slowly. I tried finding out my results earlier but, of course, they wouldn't tell me until my appointment. As we all know they came back with positive -- I have breast cancer.
That day was one of my hardest - ever. My husband and I came home from my appointment, sat the kids down and broke the news. There was a lot of tears. After a few minutes my 16 yr. old snuck back to his room. I went in a few minutes later, hugged him and just cried. I asked him what he was thinking. He just said "Why?" I couldn't give him an answer. I did respond though with " Only God knows why and He also knows what's best. There could be just one person who comes to know Him through this and that would be worth it. Someone we love might find Jesus. " So that has been my prayer.
God has shown me, He is in control. Curtis knows that too. You see over the last few years we can look back and see His hand all over many aspects of our life. We've had some tough times. That's why it was even harder to tell my older ones who have already been through a lot. We want to shelter them from that. But I firmly believe God is going to use them in  BIG ways and they will be able to look back and see He was preparing them.
One of the ways God shows me He is there is by bringing verses to mind; verses I learned as young as 2 and 3 years old. One particular verse is Proverbs 3:5,6. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Many times verses were my encouragement. I encourage you to memorize God's word.
So I throw out my first challenge -- I am challenging families to learn 100 verses this summer. I will try each week to give you some good verses to work on and ways to learn them. This is about 1 a day. Some will have a couple verses together like Proverbs 3:5,6. It doesn't matter if you have kids or how old you are or whether you know the Bible that well or not. Even if you aren't a Christian, I challenge you to try it. It never hurts to excercise our memory skills. Please comment below if you are in. I'm excited about us all doing this together. 
Love,
 Robin ( Mama of the Mitchell Homestead )


2 comments:

Thanks for your comment!